Winter 2020 season registration is now open. There is a new process for registration so please ensure you read all information in the Registration Guide provided below.
Registrations close 18 March
All players are now required to pay fees directly to Basketball Victoria via PlayHQ:
- Junior Fee: $25.00
You must register as a player with PlayHQ before you are able to register for the season with Overport Basketball. Please refer to the attached information sheet to help guide you through this new process
Club Registration Fees
A club fee that covers FDBA fees and training fee are also applicable
- Winter Season: $75.00
There also match fees applicable on a weekly basis and paid directly to your team manager. This is usually around $10.00 per game.
Please purchase all uniforms through the clubs website www.overportbastball.com
At this stage we are unable to purchase uniforms through the PlayHQ system but will look at ways to improve the current system.
Please pay for your uniform then email the following details to email@example.com:
- Player Name
- Player number (only if an existing player)
- Size of uniform requested
- Players team (if known)
All payment must be received prior to the uniform being ordered,
Please direct all uniform enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
All coaches and team managers must register via PlayHQ, there is no registration fee.
WWC information is automatically made available on the form for members over 18 years of age.
Teachers and Police Officers are exempt from the WWC. These members can mark this in the text box: ie ‘Exempt – Teacher’
As required by the BV Member Protection By-Laws, Member Protection Declarations are required from all coaches and team managers.
Screening will be audited and clubs may be required to provide copies of declarations on request. So please send all up to date information to email@example.com
New Registration Guide for Participants
Basketball Victoria is implementing a new registration platform – PlayHQ, a system that is purpose built for basketball, by basketball.
Reasons for this change include:
- The need for a modern, user-friendly and reliable system
- A system to help with a new state-wide individual registration process
- Adherence to new data and privacy legislation
- To assist with a better understanding of participants
- To provide clubs, associations and participants with a personalised and better experience
Change in fee structure
Currently, players in Metropolitan Melbourne pay for their Basketball Victoria affiliation fees indirectly via team or club fees, of which a component is passed on via the club (if applicable) and/or association to Basketball Victoria. Country associations currently register individually. For anyone registering to a season commencing in 2020 – the fee will be paid directly to Basketball Victoria at the point of registration to a competition season at your club or association. This results in a more transparent and affordable fee structure as participants will only need to pay once when they register per 365-day period, irrespective of how many teams or associations they play in – all in the one PlayHQ profile.
The individual Basketball Victoria affiliation/licence are as follows (when registering to any 2020 season):
- $39p.p – Adult / Senior (18 or over)
- $25p.p – Child / Junior (17 and under)
The process to register is very simple, just set up a PlayHQ profile and complete your registration via the link provided on your club/association website or by visiting PlayHQ.com.Basketball Victoria Affiliation
For participants, affiliation with Basketball Victoria includes:
- Personal Player/Accident insurance
- Affiliation with Basketball Victoria and Basketball Australia
- Opportunity to participate in all Basketball Victoria sanctioned leagues, events and competitions
- Opportunity to participate in education, training, seminars, courses & clinics
- Participation and eligibility for state team / development programs
- Ability to manage their own basketball experience
- Commercial partner benefits
Associations and/or clubs affiliated with Basketball Victoria receive:
- Insurance cover – Professional Indemnity, Public Liability, Management & Cyber Liability insurance
- Administrative, governance, legal, strategic, technical and digital support for member associations
- Provision of a tribunal system across Victoria
- Provision of and accreditation for referees for competitions
- Coach education and accreditation
- Management of the VJBL, Big V and NBL1 Leagues
- Government relations and facilities growth/management.
- Inclusion programs and events
- State – high performance pathways
- Marketing & Communications support (for member associations)
- Commercial partner benefits
For FAQs and more information please refer to http://www.basketballvictoria.com.au/registration